Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Worth the Wait

I finally upgraded, yes, to all the people asking me when I would move from my iPhone 3Gs.  I got the new iPhone 4s in.  Some of the new features I like that I thought I would like and there are somethings that surprised me. 

Number one, the signal strength.  Ok I have the same carrier as always, AT&T, whom Ive always enjoyed and gotten good service from.  But when I travel to New Mexico for work in the middle of the desert, I hardly get any signal from the surrounding areas.  I got my new phone out there last week and I was getting two and three bars for Edge and 3G service.  Huge difference for me, being able to stay more connected while out in the middle of nowhere.  I dont know if it is because of a CDMA and a GSM chip or the change in the antenna positions after "antenna-gate" or whatever but it is definitely better.



So battery life now has been improved.  I can now leave the brightness up at 75-80% and wifi on all the time and still use it plenty without running out of juice at the end of the day.  Games, internet, and talk without it committing suicide on me from being overworked.  Once again I don't know if it is a better battery or the A5 chip as they claim but the improvement is there. 



Camera performance is a huge jump from my old 3Gs being a 3MP but even from what I have seen of the 5MP iPhone 4, 8MP camera and optics are just stunning.  It takes pictures easily and clearly and with the iOS 5 quick pic shortcut it is never late for a good shot.  The 1080p video with image stabilization has been great for action shots too.  I am blown away from the differences from my old phone.  Here's a couple shots:


I have enjoyed all the other features as well the faster processor with faster graphics.  Siri has been a fun little toy to play with.  Apple's great screen and fast user interface are still some of the best if not the standard.  I am very impressed. 

1 comment:

  1. I just upgraded my phone but I'm /w koodo (I don't know if you guys even have them) and so I could either get a samsung galaxy for $25 and keep my existing $50/month plan or go on a 3 year contract and pay 80+ a month and get the iphone oh and put $160 down....I think I'll hold out. the hubs has one anyway :)

    Cute dog :D <3

    ReplyDelete